Tuesday, November 11, 2008

So it turns out that I decided against the idea of bluegrass after...and went with the cliche of disco, which turned out to be a great choice (I think anyway!) I'm really really enjoying this project. I'm much more comfortable with the idea of experimenting with tonality. In the piece, called "Disco Infernote", I begin with a very clear example of disco music, and then it slowly starts to fall "off the rails". I'm having so much fun with this piece...it doesn't feel like work. Lovely!

ps. here's a link to a hilarious take on a surprising cliche...
http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1889851

1 comment:

Clark Ross said...

Love that video! And he didn't even take our course!

It would have been fun to show that video to the class at the start of this project...

Regarding your new direction, it's great, so keep it up! I'm also hugely impressed by the fact that you can play drum kit! Wow!